27 Jul 2013
Andrew Pontious talks about interviewing for a job as a developer with Wolf Rentzsch: linked lists, trick questions, big-O notation, and more.
- Chris Hanson tweet: “@rentzsch PowerTalk came with System 7 Pro (7.1.1), in late 1993. It wasn’t from the “MacOS 8 era.” It predated the PowerMac! /cc @apontious”
- Black Pixel
- All Or Nothing « Marco Arment
- Big O notation « Wikipedia
Rejected Episode Titles:
- I’ve Just Got Two Short Ones
- Keychain: It’s Not That Exciting
- The Andrew Pontious and Wolf Rentzsch of Objective-C
- Hell, There Might Have Been
- Don’t You Use Oils, or Maybe Just Watercolors
- That’s What You Listeners Do, You Spite Us
- First Person Who Gets That Reference Gets a Free T-Shirt, If We Had T-Shirts, Which We Don’t, So, Sorry
- Not Too Long Ago but Not Too Short Ago
- They Just Shred It, Basically
- The Real World vs the Interview World
- Did I Just Say Growing as a Transitive Verb? Sorry About That
- I Know That Sounds Like BS
- It Makes Me Wary
- It Sounds Like Higher Billing Rate Bullshit
- Interchangeable Cogs
- If You Want to Have the Most Doors Open
- Ermahgerd, You Worked at Apple!
- You’re Not Going to Complain That I’m Stealing Your Topic
- Did I Just Fail the Test?
- I Hate Hate Hate Trick Questions
- Oh, He Couldn’t Answer That! Points Off!
- But Seriously! “What’s a Category?” That’s the Best You Can Do?
- Which Is Why I Would Never Ask That Question
- He Was Kind of This Gruff Old Timer, I Think, Wolf, You Would’ve Liked Him
- A Game of Telephone Tag
- C’mooooon, Tell Me a Little More
- It Probably Won’t Do Any Good
- Interviews Still Pretty Much Suck
- Do You Even Want to Play That Game
- Putting the Biscuit on Your Nose but Not Letting You Bite It